To be the premier New Mexican Society providing leadership in advancing engineering professionalism.
In order for the engineering profession to achieve its responsibilities to protect public health, safety, and property, NMSPE is dedicated to:
- Maintaining and observing high ethical standards of conduct,
- Supporting high standards of formal educational preparation for the practice of engineering,
- Continuing the professional development of members of the engineering profession,
- Focusing appropriate public attention on engineering responsibilities and engineering accomplishments for the purpose of attracting qualified persons to the practice of engineering,
- Providing appropriate assistance to its members to facilitate the pursuit of their professional careers (goals), and
- Promoting the practice of engineering to properly qualified and licensed individuals.